The Team at Structure & Process works from multiple locations. And while our online infrastructure (based on Slack and Trello) is great, from time to time we need to get together to figure things out in person, have some fun, and work on current projects in just one place. We call these gatherings Partner Meetings.
What are the defining characteristics of our Partner Meetings?
- We have an Agile Agenda: Everyone can add items at any time, and we decide together in which order the items are processed.
- The meeting has a facilitator. They are elected in the beginning and help the team to navigate through all agenda items.
- There are scheduled unscheduled times during partner meetings: These allow space for personal exchange and fun together.
- We work a lot. In those 2-4 days everybody focuses on Structure & Process work intensely, we dive into passionate collaboration.
- During the meeting there is good food. Whether it is self-made or our favourite Asian food (when we meet in Düsseldorf), it is always delicious. We take ample time for lunch and other breaks.
- Guests are invited. Besides the Team of Structure & Process, we usually have at least one guest at Partner Meetings: these can be external collaboration partners or candidates who are in the process of deciding whether to join us.
- The Pile of Success collects all our processed agenda cards – a tangible symbol of our accomplishments in the meeting. We burn the pile ritually to celebrate our successful meeting at the end.
Here are some impressions of our last Partner Meeting in Düsseldorf in September.